All Souls Counseling Center Seeks Executive Director
Founded in 2000, All Souls Counseling Center is a 501c3 nonprofit located in Asheville, North Carolina with a mission to provide high quality mental health counseling to the uninsured and underinsured residents of Western North Carolina. Our 20+ professionally licensed therapists and psychiatrist provide counseling and psychiatric services at our Counseling Center near downtown Asheville. This year, we expect to provide approximately 5,000 counseling sessions and 400 psychiatric sessions to 800 clients.
All Souls Counseling Center seeks an experienced Executive Director with a passion for community mental health care who will lead the organization in providing quality mental health counseling to the uninsured and underinsured residents of Western North Carolina. The initial focus will be expanding and securing a stable funding base, and responsibilities include administration, budgeting, personnel management, clinical direction, community relations, and maintenance of grounds and building. As primary spokesperson, the Executive Director should be able to foster a culture of collaboration with the ASCC board, therapists and staff, as well as community agencies and supporters.
The Executive Director reports to the Board of Directors and has overall responsibility of managing day-to-day activities as well as implementation of the strategic direction of ASCC. Duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- Works with Board of Directors to provide overall vision and direction for the Counseling Center.
- Provides direction and supervision to ASCC staff including the Clinical Manager, Business Office Manager, Director of Development, and Clinical Program Director.
- Provides clinical oversight, consultation, and programmatic coordination.
- Monitors clinical demand/trends and manages clinical resource allocation.
- Develops and maintains relationships with key community agencies, professionals and other stakeholders via meetings and correspondence.
Fundraising, Development and Financial Management
- Works closely with the Director of Development and Board of Directors to implement the Fund Development Plan.
- Builds and maintains relationships with individual, government, foundation, and corporate funders.
- Oversees and reviews submissions of grant proposals and reports, including project budgets.
- Develops organizational budget in coordination with Business Office Manager and Board Treasurer.
- Provides oversight of financial operations including purchasing and payroll.
Board of Directors
- Attends monthly ASCC Board of Directors and Executive Committee meetings, prepares agenda, keeps minutes, and provides financial, clinical, building maintenance, and other reports as directed by the Board.
- Provides back up for the Clinical Manager and Clinical Program Director for phone coverage, screening/assignment of clients, and consultation regarding crisis situations.
- Monitors and manages the maintenance of ASCC grounds and building for safety and functionality, oversees maintenance contracts, insurance coverage, and building security.
- Manages and participates in after-hours coverage of ASCC phones.
Skills and Qualifications
- Minimum of a Master’s degree in a behavioral health field, and 5 years of clinical experience.
- 5 or more years of administration/management/supervision experience.
- Working knowledge of budgets and fiscal oversight of programs.
- Demonstrated success in fundraising and donor development.
- Experience working with a Board of Directors.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Salary range $60K-$70K, commensurate with experience.
- Benefit package includes medical and dental insurance, and PTO.
How to Apply:
Send letter of interest and resume in one PDF file, using the following naming convention: “Your last name – Your first name.pdf”, via email only to email@example.com.
Application deadline is July 15, 2018.
Please, no phone calls, faxes, or snail mail.
All Souls Counseling Center is an equal opportunity employer.